Montag, 12. Juni 2023

Could it Be Something I Said

 Written and performed at the American University in Cairo, Egypt, Fall 1981


Could it be something I said?
Give me the chance and I'll explain all the thoughts in my head

They're not complex 
I'm merely lost in translation again

Give me the chance to defend...

My actions speak louder

than words, mine just flounder

and hurt those around me who don't understand

I'm better off if I say nothing more

Words don't do justice and I

Can't hide behind metaphor

I'll just confuse you 
Tell me 

Could it be something I said

What's going on in your head...
Aah....


I try to show
How I feel
I see things very clear

Yet I know

I'll  always cause you pain

Unable to explain
That I'm just not the same
I'll never belong but I can't get along without you...you...

I should have quit  while I still felt ahead
I just confused you 
Had I thought through the words that I'd said
If I'd refused to talk 
I know we'd be happy instead 
Our dreams would never have ended...

Now hope is broken since I went and opened 
that box of Pandora 
and let out the horror
That lurks in the corner

Beneath quiet waters

Inside of us all

Since Man took the fall
From Grace.


Keine Kommentare: